CONTEST IS OVER… LOTS OF ENTRIES RECEIVED… WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED… THANKS!!!
NEWSFLASH!!! I HAVE JUST RECEIVED WORD FROM YUMMY THAT THEY WILL ALSO ADD 20 MORE MAGAZINES TO THIS TRIVIA CONTEST SO I CAN PICK 40 WINNERS (YIKES, MAILING COSTS ARE RISING!!!) So keep those answers coming!!! Many thanks to Summit Media and Yummy Magazine!!!
And yes, by popular demand, I will autograph the 40 magazines… :)
Here is your chance to win one of
20 40 Yummy Magazines (April 2007 issue) with the feature article on Marketman. I had to purchase 20 of these magazines, they were not given to me by the publisher. Nor is this a publicity stunt for the magazine. And I will be paying for the postage to get the magazines to you. I am doing this as a simple thank you to readers from all over the globe that have come back time and again to this silly site. So here are the mechanics of the trivia contestâ€¦ 10 Now 20 Magazines will be awarded to residents of the United States (the source of about half of the readers of this blog). I may be going on a trip there soon so I will be able to bring the magazines and drop them off at a U.S. post office and it will not cost an exorbitant amount of money to mail them to you. 10 Now 20 Magazines will be awarded to readers from anywhere else on the planetâ€¦with one catch. Philippine residents are welcome to try their luck here. However, if you win and you live in outside the Philippines and outside the United States, then I can only mail the magazine to a relative of yours in the Philippines. Why? Because I just went to the post office and most airmail costs to international destinations for this little magazine run about PHP600-800 and that is 8x the cost of the magazine! Locally, I can LBC this magazine for about PHP100 to most Philippine addresses.
You must answer the following six questionsâ€¦
1. What was the romantic date when I posted my FIRST rant on Marketmanila? Hint, it had something to do with toilets.
2. What was the full name of the infamous â€œfish pan ladyâ€ who called Marketman an elitist? Please include her middle initial.
3. In December 2005, Marketman reviewed several commercially sold ensaimadas and rated only one as â€œVERY GOOD.â€ Who sells this ensaimada?
4. What were the top 3 desserts in the survey results of the TOP PINOY DESSERTS featured on this blog?
5. Please name at least 3 cities or provinces that Marketman has visited and done posts on that start with the letter â€œBâ€ (e.g., Bamako, Budapest, Bali, Brisbane, Bogota, Biliran,Bacolod).
6. What is Marketmanâ€™s shoe size?
Heeheehee. I didnâ€™t say I wasnâ€™t going to make you guys work for the freebie magazinesâ€¦ The first 20 readers who email me the correct answers (10 for North America, 10 for everywhere else) will win the magazine. Please email me at Marketman@Marketmanila.com stating your name, what country you currently reside in, the answers to the 6 questions and a functioning return email address. Do not send me your postal address yet. I will post the winners of the contest and ask you to send me your postal addresses within 24 hours, or you forfeit your magazine. This is a simple contest. I dictate all the rules. If there is any dispute, my word is finalâ€¦ Heeheehee. Good luck!!!